View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillerstick View Post
Ric,

Never have had the privilege to sail a Flying Dutchman. Have seen them and they look like a lot of fun. I am currently restoring a Kittiwake 23. She is an ALberg design. Full keeled, very similar to Cape Dory.
Kevin

I believe the South Coast 23 was a Albery Design also. While I have never sailed a Kittiwake 23 I have sail a South Coast 23 many times. The performance level will never meet a Dutchman but it is a lot closer than many other boats. It has been many years since I have swung from a Trapeze wire in white capped water. The Dutchman Planed at 14 knots of wind. I used to one man my Dutchman from the wire with a Tiller extension. I had to be real careful not to capsize one man because righting a Dutchman with the sails up is a hard two man job and impossible for me alone.

I am into Motor Boats now. I have 4 boats right now but only two have trailers or are actually being used. My bass boat and Aquatic spray boat are on trailers. I have a project small Pontoon Boat which is a Paddle wheel peddle driven. BTW I posted pictures of it in Off Topic. I just finished Cleaning it up. It had Cement splashed all over it. I am still looking for a way to power the Paddle Wheel. I don't plan to keep the Paddle wheel boat and hope to use it as Trade Material for some other project. I got to keep something to amuse me.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03713 seconds with 7 queries