View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

it never ends....

$18.00 for a bag of nutrientsplus fertilizer with cavalcade (controls weeds) herbicide (covers what like 5,000 to 10,000 sq ft)? 8 weeks of residual effect (2 apps a year) = $36.00 per year.

$250 for 10 L of Fiesta (1.7 Liters covers 5,000 sq ft) so $42.50 per app times 5 applications a year to keep the weeds down (supression), not including fertilizing the lawn = $212.50 per year in Fiesta for 5,000 sq ft of lawn and you will still have weeds, and the turf will become thin from the excess usage of Fiesta. (the label says 2 apps only)

Neither product is any safer than the other.

Paul Tukey was hired by the Canadian Cancer Society to help ban Cosmetic Pesticides here in Canada. Talk about Educating. They promoted his fearmongering movie to every province.

Paul Tukey and yourself have several pictures floating around the internet with each other. Gurus of Organics.

Education is what I am doing, Educating people about people like you two.

You are working on a project now , Glenstone project in its 1st year. a Lawn Converted from Pesticide to Organic. (It took 3 years to see a decline in Pestiticide treated lawns here once the ban was implemented) Claiming success and having people hand pick weeds, using compost and compost tea. In 3 more years you will realize that it was a failure, unless you use a bit of cavalcade. Not much Cavalcade is needed. Nobody will know right. Nobody will get sick right, because its safe as you said before. It is EPA approved.

Why could your gang not wait until the Organic experiment was over before writing books, making movies and creating Organic Land Care Associations about how organics create a weed free lawn.

Tukey knows nothing about Quebec, they still use Dicamba, Imidacloprid and Glyphosate just to name a few. Quebec just recently announced 2,4-D was safe for the environment and people when used as directed. Why don't you promote that.

Let me answer my own question here, Its all about MONEY. Not Safety and not the Environment.

Your group will destroy the Greenspace Industry if they are not stopped.

Thousands of people have lost their business here in Ontario because of this ban.

If there was a safer registered product that worked for us, why would I waste my time telling people this stuff.

I joined this site in 2004 to share experiences and to help others as they have helped me in the past. From contracts to spray equipment to snow plowing.

You are selling pesticides, tukey is selling books and movies.

The sad part is people will only believe what I am saying after they buy FIESTA and try it for themselves. You still make money on the sale. But the repeat customers will end.

Take away Synthetic pesticides and say hello to weeds.

Quote:
Fiesta not working? We have several clients who would disagree with that comment. FYI, due to further research completed this year, the 2012 Fiesta label will have a lower rate.
Feel free to provide proof of this. The only way that will happen is to legally allow 4 to 6 applications a year. Knowing people still need to use the highest rate. Which in turn defeats the purpose of environmentally friendly and safe.

The reason Fiesta is allowed at 2 apps a year is the dangers of FeHEDTA at greater rates. Food crops do not exceed these limits why should lawns.

Last edited by HayBay; 11-19-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.03309 seconds with 7 queries