View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Which Stander for Starting Out?

Okay guys so im really new on this site and relatively new to the lawn care biz. I am somewhat versed in the snow removal side of things but am considering getting into the lawn care because of demand from my snow clients. Okay so my question is which Stand on mower would best fit my application. I am a small company 3 guys a small trailer and about 25 lawns.

Some of the lawns are rather large the biggest one being 5 acres the next biggest is 2 and the rest are residential 1/4 to 1/2. I have a 36" exmark walk behind but know that i will need to get some new equiptment to handle the larger amount of jobs.

I have my mind set on stander mowers since they are more compact and a little more agile than a rider. I was interested in the GrandStand, the Stander by Wright and am open to suggestions for other appropriate equiptment.

So my main questions are

1. Which mower suits my applications?

2. What size is appropriate?

3. Positives and Negatives of both.

4. What mower is the best for the money?

Okay so please keep in mind that i will probably be looking to expand in the future and would love to be able to do these lawns easily by buying the proper equiptment the first go round.. My budget is about 6.5-7G's for the mower! I could possibly do 8 but would really like to keep it under if all possible... and again i will buy the mower over the winter so i can save a little $

Page generated in 0.03906 seconds with 7 queries