Thread: Bill Collection
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bill Collection

I did a lawn renovation for a lady 25 miles away this fall. It including tilling up her entire yard, reseeding, lime fertilizer, create/edge beds around home, $220 of mulch and planting of 10 rose bushes. The yard is in a very low swampy area and is always wet.

Well the total bill came up to just under $1,500 with $850 being materials/tractor use. This job was done October 15 and the lady just paid me $615.68 today. I have been in contact with her reminding her but she continues to start that she is not happy that her yard is still wet. The estimate had the exact phrase "surface tilling", NOT REGRADING!

She refuses to pay until I come back in the spring and level the entire yard which would require hauling many loads of dirt in. I am not willing to do this. I have been back twice, free of charge, with a drag and worked for several hours!

Not to mention, this was an insurance job as her well got struck by lightning and they has to redig a new well and thats why she got a new yard. So she has received the money but withholding it.

Everyone, please be completely honest and let me know how you would handle this situation. I appreciate anything as this has really been bothering me.

Thanks!!!

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 7 queries