Thread: RLS Pictures
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
im heading out the look at a dump trailer in the morning. its a dual piston. i read good and bad but everyone has their preferences so im not too worried about it
From what a local dealer informed me the lift systems rate as this:

#1 Single lift cylinder mounted in the front (sort of a straight lift like some heavy dump trucks or semi trailer dumps)

#2 Scissor Lift - also was told this is a must for longer 14'+ trailers for stability reasons.

#3 Single or Dual Cylinder

Thats just from a local dealer and obviously the better the rank the more expensive it is. Their take on it was the single cylinder mounted on front provided the most optimal "pushing" position for heavy loads and was recommended for sand, rock, etc... Scissor is more stable and has more power in the lower position but lifts slowly at start. Either way it still dumps. I think the other things to consider are if it is Power Up/Power Down or Power Up/Gravity down. The power down just drains the batter quicker because it uses battery power to lower the bed. How the back gate functions (barn door, metering gate, single gate, etc..) If looking at a used trailer make sure it works, look for leaks, bends in the frame, cracks in welds. These things can get abused quickly!! I can't wait to pick up mine this year after selling my other two.

Page generated in 0.03896 seconds with 7 queries