View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

bottom line when it comes to commercial,condos or rental properties is HOW MUCH ? they shop price i dont care how good you service the account they will always question your bid with a cheaper one. I have a few commercials and there a pain they hold your money for long periods of time and they dont want to pay to have anything done extra unless it is desperately needed. When it comes to snow plowing thats about the only time when commercial accounts are good because they need the service and they will pay for it as long as its the cheapest bid they can get. Very few private commercial properties put extra money into keeping a nice landscape and im not talking about Merck or johnson and johnson because we all know brickmen and USI eat those big commercials up for a cheap price.

Best thing to do is stick to resi youll make more money and be able upsell your customers and if your name gets around the town youll never have a shortage of work. Commercial comes with size i have found the large landscape outfits have more commercial accounts because they offer a long scope of work in terms of weekly cutting ect. Also the bigger companies have a huge overhead and when winter hits the need that plow account to cover the bills for the winter. just like tree services do work in the winter to cover the insurances
7x14 enclosed trailer for lawn maintenance crew
7x20 heavy equipment trailer for hardscaping crew
1 Bobcat
1 Bob cat back hoe ct230
Concret mixer

AND A HELL OF A LOT OF HEADACHES

Page generated in 0.03744 seconds with 7 queries