View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 08:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowing4rlife View Post
Great set up! Do you plan to purchase a longer trailer to haul all that equipment at the same time? What size are you thinking if so?

I am Looking at different prices in mower right now. How much was your 52" Gravely? Do you even us a push mower at all?
I live close to my accounts (my furthest is 8 miles) so I will do 3 days with one mower - then switch up and do 3 with another. We live in a townhome - so I cannot fit a larger trailer in the garage. I got a great deal on the 52" $4699 otd. I also had money from the sale of my other 34z so I was prepared to spend over $8000. I literally went to 10 different dealers looking at mowers over a two day period and - in my opinion - this machine offered the most bang for the buck for my particular needs. Remember, I only do half my route with the big machine (it simply won't fit on some properties) so I can get away with a more entry level commercial machine. I like it because it is light and short vs more industrial models. I can fit it on my 5 X 8 trailer with a 21". I always have a push on the trailer. Here is a pic with my full rig. The setup is exactly the same with the 52" mower on.
Attached Images

Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!

Page generated in 0.04275 seconds with 8 queries