View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoghornLeghorn View Post
Neither Toyota or Nissan offer a truck in the 250/2500 capacity. Honda? That Ridgeline could hardly be called a "truck". It has a V6 with a very very low tow rating. I'd call it a Honda accord with a truck bed.

If you're serious about moving 2 Zero Turns, multiple yards of mulch, concrete pavers/stones, a person will quickly realize that they need a medium duty 3/4 ton truck. If all someone is hauling around is one zero turn on a 12 foot trailer with a trimmer, then yea, use a small truck.

I think the poll in this thread was based on the assumption that someone was doing some heavy duty hauling.
yeah i don't consider pulling a lawnmower heavy duty hauling. (even 2 of them)

we aren't in the hauling business, we are in the lawn business. you dont' need a 3/4 ton truck unless you are doing landscaping/hardscaping at the white house or something lol. every mulch/paver job i've done i was able to use my truck to haul the mulch/pavers just fine and all i have is a 4cyl.

i guess you might need a 3/4 ton truck if you do huge jobs for malls or walmart or something but if you do that you'd prolly be better off using an 18wheeler lol.

Last edited by weeze; 01-03-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.03926 seconds with 7 queries