View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It looks nice, but there is a few too many small rocks for what I like to see in waterfeatures. A couple things I see right off the bat is the bridge is sitting high (already mentioned) and the whole stream and water course seems to be sitting only slightly lower than the surrounding ground and the rocks have been piled up to hold in the edges. Next one you do, try digging your stream deaper and only use primarily larger boulder worked into the edges and sticking up only a couple inches above the surrounding stream bank. This will allow you to use less small filler rock and you can plant some perrenials and marginal plants right down to the water which looks more natural. Might push a bit more water volume too, that's a pretty wide stream. I would target about 90-130gpm on a stream that size.

Overall not bad a water feature though. I like the creativity with the logs and bridge, (your thinking out of the Aquascape box). Best advice is to go down to a local creek or stream and study how the rocks and plants flow with the stream and how the ground is swaled out for the stream area. The Lord is by far the best landscaper ever!

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com

Page generated in 0.03380 seconds with 7 queries