View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisDiesel View Post
Hey All!
Yeah I was thinking maybe a meet and drink, go over some networking. I personally want to get my applicators license, but if Mike already has his than maybe it's easier and cheaper to have him do my apps........stuff like that. I would really love to do these meetings on a quartely basis, I mean seriously, who doesn't like going out for a few beers with the guys.

Ralph, I like the idea of the directory. Basic contanct info, parts of the state you work in and services you provide would be great. I don't have a problem giving work to you guys, the only thing I worry about is the type of situation Mike and Ben are in. Give someone work and then they try and steal customers is not cool.

As far as the meet and drink, we should do it before Spring has Sprung! Im thinking the end of March, maybe do something in southern RI, Caseys in Wakefield is nice.........Then the next meeting we could work our way closer North for our LCO Brothers up there. I eventually think it would be great if we had enough "Members" we could use that to our advantage of purchasing materials or equipment at lower prices?
Hey I agree Ferris, I think when we look at the friction between two guys often times it is really a mis understanding - other times we do things that we regret instantly but cannot find a way out.

For a good part of my life ---- here we go public exposure --- I ran the RI Seafood Council, which was one of the most succesfullly seafood organizations in the world. Yeah I know right here in RI. Well the politics of it grew to incrediable heights --- another story, another time. What was important about that time was, that a lot of companies became key contacts on a world wide basis for product, even if it didn't come from here. Of course we are not going to do that here, but we can raise our image in the public eye and make the money we need to.

The directory idea would be a start. Years ago we talked about buying supplies cheaper - we ended up buying clam bake cans so cheap it was crasy, it didn't work for much else, but imagine going to someone like Allens in North Kingstwon and saying hey we want to buy 6 pallets of 18-2-18 and we will pay now - each guy would get a chit to pick up what they paid for what do you think Allen would do thinking that truck loads of other stuff would be coming up next.

Caseys would probably be good --- easy for me. I too would like to see 4 meetings a year
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker