View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Great Machine

I purchased the 48" Stander X and it is awesome so far. It is cold here but with the extremely mild winder we have had here in NC, I have had a chance to cut a few lawns.

The machines has great power and is super stable on hills. I must confess that this is my first stander, last machine was an eXmark ZTR and I had to learn to trust the machine on hills.

My customers have all commented on how well it cuts and I must agree. Having not tested the Toro GrandStand against the Wright in a real cutting situation, I am not in a position to compare cuts. But if my customers love it, I guess I do too!

One thing about the controls. For me, the Wright seemed more natural. It was easier for me to hop on and get comfortable with their operation. The controls are also adjustable for Max Speed vs. responsiveness. By default, they are set to Max and which is in my opinion, very twitchy. Until I am completely comfortable, I have set them to the alternate setting. This setting reduces top speed from about 9.5 mph to about 7 mph but also makes the machine more predictable.

Can't wait until this spring to get this thing mowing!

Page generated in 0.04591 seconds with 7 queries