Our main use for our website is as a multi-purpose tool. Maybe similar to a knife with many funtions.
We get about 40 visitors per day. I think that 8 are from Oregon here, and about 30 from out of state and out of country.
Our site is not designed to promote only our business. It is to promote our region.
How we list our site, and where we promote certain contents, we cannot disclose. For as the benefits increase, it becomes obvious that this is not an area to share most trade secrets.
Some benefits are:
1. SAVING TIME. Before, after installation, we would have to explain mulching and irrigation to customers, or give them a hand-out. Most have internet, so we direct them to the site's advice pages.
2. REFERENCES. Some of the better ones are listed at the site, so we don't even have to offer many.
3. PHOTOS. Working better and better all the time. It takes time to accumulate photos, and wait for projects to mature, but we're getting there. Before, people would say "can I see your work". Now, many call and say "I've seen samples, give me an estimate".
4. CREDIBILITY. Many people never even go to a website. But it sounds credible, and indicates the lack of fly by night business.
5. EXISTENCE. People see a picture of the real me, no guessing who is at the other end.
6. POSTING OF A FULL RESUME.
7. FLYERS NEED LESS INFORMATION. Cleaner, less cluttered flyers. People are directed to the site.
8. People that have "heard the name" can search easier for a name on the net, than for "heard the phone number".