View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willretire@40 View Post
The best browser to use is firefox. Chrome stinks and ie9 is worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysr7 View Post
Everyone seems to really love sap. I signed up two days ago and am having a horrible time- keep getting timed out, freezes, etc. I have spent 12+ hours just trying to get basic set up done. Based on my experience, I would drop it today, but there has been a lot of positive feedback about it. I love everything they have to offer, and am willing to spend the money, but can't do it if it works like this. Is anyone else having problems with it lately? I've called twice- the first guy said their server was running a little slow and it will be better in a couple weeks! The next guy said the same, but that they would have it fixed within the day. Not so much.

On another note- I noticed that you can use their estimating form in your own website- what about the client portal? Does anyone know if you MUST use their website to have that feature? I've spent too much time on my website to change it into a cookie cutter version of everyone else's!
I will tell you that after 4 weeks SAP finished my site. The site is a "cookie cutter template" and I have found 2 of the same (in different areas of course, but still). For a "template' site I don't see why it would take so long. All they had to do was use info from my existing site, so I would imagine it would have been pretty straight forward, but meh...... If you look at the site it is ATM the SAP site. I told em to take it down by tomorrow, and I have redirected my domains back to their original place. So it will be changing back soon

I was less than impressed and in fact was a little pissed off because I was within the top 4 of first page on Google locally in search. Now with their site I am not even on first page! I do realize SEO takes time, however I had to much time in my site to throw all that work away. Not to mention for such generic workmanship!

I used OSBL to create my site, and I will do so as it only costs about $12 a month versus SAP @ about $30. And I can customize it to my likings. I went w SAP as i thought they would do a much better job than I, since I had no idea what I was doing when I built my initial site. (THANK GOD I BACKED IT UP).

Now that said, SAP is awesome in all other areas, and if you want to fork over the $ they can customize you a website. I have no experience with that so I cant tell you how they do.

Page generated in 0.04150 seconds with 7 queries