View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
Thanks for the links! It looks to me that the Echo is a nice machine! I still am trying to find an article about someone using the Shinny 802 model!

Also, I was talking to a dealer today and he said that the Stihl Mag 600 is a 4 stroke that uses mixed gas? I am trying to stay away from having to keep readjusting valves every few months. This is why I am looking at the Shinny and Echo.
The Stihl 600 and the Shindy 854 are both 4 strokes that run on 2 stroke fuel mix. You only have to adjust the valves one time. Stihl recommends doing it after the first 139 hours of use (or as needed either before or after, and maybe not ever depending on how it is running), and I don't recall off the top of my head what the time frame is for the Shindy, but it's something similar I believe, and it is a one time deal too. By not having an oil sump, they save weight and size. Both are much more fuel efficient than the 2 strokes that are out. My 600 will easily go twice as far on the same amount of fuel as my 570, and both have 65cc engines. I gotta say though, that I love this 570, and the more use it, the better I like it. It is also getting stronger as time goes by too.

Page generated in 0.03881 seconds with 7 queries