Thread: JCB Skid Steers
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey52 View Post
Dvs im not sure what you mean by half doors... The front windshield removes pretty easily, but I dont see a need for that. Myself or whoever is using it can use all the A/C they want. Machine was about 39,000 or so.

LOL - ok, please pardon my Lingo, I'm a Diehard Jeeper. And with the Old CJ's we call a certain style of hard door - "1/2 doors"!

Somewhere on JCB's website they show a pic of a machine with an enclosed cab. All the glass, etc.

Then there is another pic of a machine with NO glass. It has a steel mesh door on it that looks like the 1/2 doors on the Jeeps.

Our CAT has an enclosed cab, but it's only to be used for moving snow. This is my personal preference (I'm not asking if anyone agrees with me or not), but I do not think it's right that I sit in the machine on a 103-degree day (which is very realistic here in MD) with the A/C blowing on me, while the guys are humping 486 pound wheel burrows up a hill all day long in the blazing sunlight. (yes, Mr DVS does have a compassionate side)

So at the Techo show when I saw the enclosewd glass cab, I thought to myself "we can't have an enclosed glass cab and I dont see where the windows slide open enough to allow a breeze to come through"

And then upon further review I see where you can have an open cab, it kinda reminds me of the ROPS on a Log Skidder.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.03526 seconds with 7 queries