View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Doing lawncare in college?

All,

I'm a 22 year old college student living in north Florida. I'm seriously considering advertising lawncare (although I'm limited to only mowing since I have no other equipment besides a mower), mainly on Craigslist, but am slightly intimidated and unsure of if I'll get lawns to mow, mostly because I'm limited to only grass cutting at the moment.

I'm interested in lawncare for a couple reasons, one being that it's an outdoor job, the other being that I would have the ability to work around my school schedule, which is a big deal to me.

I'd only be looking to cut maybe 10 lawns per week at most, but that's just an estimation. (I don't need to make too much money with this job. A simple weekly income and job is what I want.)

I'd be using a 22", self-propelled, home-owner type push Snapper, and would transport it to and from houses in the back of my '03 Mazda Protege.

With the details being provided, what I'm wondering is, is this a lofty idea for a college student like me, seeing as how I'd have no more than a mower to start with? Would I be wasting my time advertising only mowing and being unlicensed? Have you seen or heard of situations like mine turn out successfully?

Thank you in advance for your time, especially with someone like me with zero experience!

John.

Page generated in 0.03744 seconds with 7 queries