Thread: Organic's
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bradbury
Excessive fertilizer salts will inhibit microbial activity. Think CHLORINE might sanitize? Ammonia?

Compost has very little nutritional value in most cases and is not considered a fert as much as a soil amendment. Mulching is the ONLY way to go and if you aren't because you're worried about your million dollar clients, ours don't have a problem with needing LESS fertilizer and improved soil as a result.
I DO mulch MY leaves into my yard but no, it wouldn't be acceptable for most paying customers.
Maybe YOU'RE in the business of manipulating the grass for profit, I make a living taking CARE of the earth and trying to improve the living conditions on OUR planet. The fact that it makes lawns BETTER is just a fringe benefit.
You claim the knowledge, ought to know that stuff.

You don't know as much as you think you do.
Mike - you mean to tell me that you don't mow your lawn? that is manipulation. Do you use pollution spewing equipment to maintain people's property? You are a hipocrite. Your letting your own liberal leanings get in way of your brain. If you are putting fertilizer down at the rate that minute amounts of chlorine and ammonia will kill microbes, then I have to wonder who is dumber than the dirt.

Mike

Page generated in 0.04435 seconds with 7 queries