View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Florida View Post
Majoring in International Affairs, but unfortunately there are very little employment opportunities with this major. Without going into too much detail, I picked this major because it held the most interest to me in terms of what I'd be focusing on. I was also limited to what I was able to pick because of prerequisites. Being half way done with college I'm finding myself in this upsetting and weird situation where I'm realizing I don't want a life of office work, so now I find myself scrambling to figure out what I can do. Lawncare honestly seems like it could be a fruitful and enjoyable profession (the self-employed aspect also adds to the appeal).
Then I would take as many courses in accounting and business administration as you could work in in the time you have left in college and work your lawn business part time and see how it goes. My son will be graduating from USF this year and many of his friends from high school find themselves in the same situation as you and they are closer to graduation.

Page generated in 0.03911 seconds with 7 queries