View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
I used Hindsite for a while, honestly google calendar is the best. You can set up other users, and the master can set appts. for the other users. It keeps it from cluttering the calendars, and guys only see what they have to do.
Yah, that's what we have been using for a few years. It's great for scheduling appointments. But that's only 1/20th of what HindSite does.

I like what Hindsite does. I just don't like their pricing structure. Namely the per-month fee.

So for now, we continue to use Google Calender and just paper invoices. Works fairly smoothly for us. At the end of each service call, my techs take about 2 or 3 minutes to write up an invoice, then they go collect a check or credit card, then they are on to their next job. Then at the end of the day or after a couple of days, they drop these invoices w/checks back at the office. It takes the office maybe 2 minutes to type the invoices into Quickbooks using drop down menus and enter the check info. and put the checks in the drawer for deposit later.

Then the invoice goes in a drawer for future reference. 99.5% of the time, we'll never refer back to the [more detailed] paper invoice again. But it's there if we ever need it.

The whole way we do it works pretty smoothly. But there's some add'l data and info. that HindSite provides that would be pretty cool to have. That's the biggest reason I was interested in it.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon

Page generated in 0.03604 seconds with 7 queries