Thread: Dslnd 2011
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlaps LawnCare View Post
hows the working out for ya bud i just joined are local chamber of commerce about 2 mouths ago and love it
Well I sure wish we would get some more snow! We are honestly keeping busy ripping out shrubs and doing minor landscaping and honestly, the phone is ringing for landscaping. I think people are forgetting about winter and moving forward into spring. Hard to belive this time last year I was about to rip my hair out during a blizzard! Really really glad I joined the chamber. Ribbon cutting ceremony was awesome. Proboably had 25-30 people at shop and got some great pictures in front of the plow trucks and such. Ill post the pictures I had of the trucks outside. The mowers and other power equipment were nicely arranged inside bay1 so people could browse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Mitch, did you rent that lift just to trim the hedges? Curious why you didn't use a ladder and save on the rental fees, if you rented it. That's a lot of shrubs to remove. I agree, with grinding the stumps out versus digging and pulling.

Ribbon cutting ceremony? WOW, that's cool. Keep up the hard work.
I got the lift for those hedges and a few other difficult ones on other jobsites. I tried using the ladder and it was so awkward under the overhang on the building, even with the extended reach trimmer, it sucked. Eventually, i had the lift "surfing" over the hedges and was working from above them. It worked out great! What a nice lift, too! Bill Jax I think it was. You can run electricity up to the cage as well as water/ neumatic air.

Very glad we ground out the stumps. We went in yesterday and buried the downspouts and installed pop-up drains as well as threw about 1.5TONS of topsoil up against some low spots around the foundation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Nice pics man, good to see you are still around and in business.

Looking forward to seeing more this spring...

Cheers
Yes, it went great! The gf has pictures i will post when I get them on my computer. Thanks!

Yes, more pictures to follow.

Pictures as promised of the truck layout and the new sign I just installed today.

-Mitch-
Attached Images

Chevy Trucks
Western Plow
Sno Ex Spreader
Lesco Fertilizer Equipment
WRIGHT
LawnBoy
STIHL

Page generated in 0.03800 seconds with 8 queries