View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Pollen is already pretty bad here. Everything is yellow, everyday. Looks like a cloud when you blow off driveways. Oak leaf drop looked like it was going to start three weeks ago, but it's been slow coming. Most places I take care of still have not taken a big dump yet.

Going back to weekly might come earlier than it has in recent years. The last couple of years it has been after May 1. But as long as the rains don't come, I really don't expect for it to happen for at least 45 days. Even then it will only be half of them or so. If it starts raining though, all bets are off.

I'll say this though, it's really uncomfortable for this time of year. I enjoy cool, dry weather to make up for the brutal summers. This year we have had relatively little of either. The humidity has really sucked for the last week. Heat index in early February anyone? This is going to be the year where people start hating the semi-dwarf varieties of St Augustine. The fungal issues from last year never got cleared out. If been plugging areas of Seville with Floratam.
Keith, we have lawns with spots that need to be filled in, I was going to sugar sand them, how are the plugs? Never used them.

Page generated in 0.03789 seconds with 7 queries