View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

CAT is a poor choice to rent. This is why. The smaller pilot machines are ISO only so you are limiting who will run the machine. Your also going to compete against CAT Rental for those that do want to rent a CAT. Reality is most that rent could really care less what color the machine is. I personally cant stand their smaller machines. Completely worthless for getting anything done. Sorry Ron I dont see this one. That is all my personal choice which means nothing. I really dont think you want to compete against CAT rental. Offer something else at a better price.

Bobcat while i am not a fan offers pretty killer deals for rental houses. You also have the ability to electronically change control patterns. You also can have foot operated machines that switch to hand operated. Pretty important options for a rental outfit. Most people that dont know any better still want to rent a "Bobcat" I am not knocking BC fans only saying that BC's name recognition still carries a lot of water among those that rent.

Models to rent
S175-seems to be the most common BC rental machine. Its cheap, not enough power to get out of its own way, which means dumbasss has a harder time wrecking it.

205-much as above just more capacity

CTL-I would rent the T-180 same as above.

CNH: you apparantly dont like Hammer Equipment which is who I think your refering to. There are few dealers in North America that sell more machines than Hammer, Titan would be the only one that I can think of that might sell more. I met numerous Hammer sales people in AZ last year. I think an honest sit down with one could put some of your worries to rest. These guys are by themselves selling hundreds of machines a piece. I was blown away by the numbers they were throwing out. You dont do that by shitting on people. However when your moving the amount of equipment they do, someone is not going to be happy. I would investigate this more . OK enough about Hammer. CASE allows you to run hand/foot and E/H controls that can switch patterns (but not in the same machine). That like BC is a big thing for renters. All of this also applies to NH since they are much the same except CASE offers more radial lift and NH more vertical machines. I dont know what CASE offers rental houses for deals.

SSL I would rent the 185, nice machines. I would get one in hand/foot the other in E/H.

CTL -I would go with the TR 270. This is in my opinion, an excellent smaller tracked machine.

Deere I am not sure about how they spec or offer their machines.

I would avoid a CTL unless you really think you need one to rent. IF you decide you need to offer one, I would certainly write a rental agreement that protects you from the dumbasss that destroys the tracks.

Good luck.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.

Page generated in 0.04250 seconds with 7 queries