View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCResources View Post
Correct, but what's wrong with mechanically removing it and getting on with life.

I'd be interested in hearing your methods because I have a property I took over late last season and will be converting it to organic care. Heavy clay soil, irrigated and cared for by synthetic fert company. Pulled a soil sample, have not sent it in yet, will post pics of plugs. Has thatch and poor root penetration.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legacy...C/256225321177
It is not really a set of methods, that we impose upon the grass, but rather enhancing their environment, that they may reach their full potential...

We know that tilth and soil structure are of primary importance, so that the roots are able to quickly and easily grow into it for food and water.
We know that root hairs are the extensions that do all the work.
We know there is an entire entourage of microbrials that do everything from exchanging carbon molecules to gathering specific minerals, as needed, at the tip of every hair.

A lot of tilth and structure is reliant on the amount of OM as well as, How the OM is added... Imagine:
If you shrunk down to the size of a bug and walked throught the forest of grass plants as though they were trees; what do you think that forest floor would look like?
Have you investigated much in the way of forest floors?

Page generated in 0.03899 seconds with 7 queries