View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am 28 years in this business and I will tell you first hand, that face to face is the number one way to gain sales. Do NOT be afraid to approach. Approach with confidence. If you believe in the product or service you are selling, it makes you stronger. Don't be discouraged to hear "no". It is going to happen, and it is going to be the vast majority of the time. However, don't be afraid to ask why, and let them know that you are the owner of the company. That is huge. there are several other points I could go over as well, but you get the jest of it. As far as the person or persons that state that it is a big "turnoff", yeah,...it may be for a few homeowners, and that may be the posters own opinion, but I am telling you, sales works. It is business. It has been like that for years and years (centuries, actually), and will always continue to be like that. From the vacuum cleaner salesman, to the lighting distributor that visits stores, to the food vendors that visit stores, to the fertilizer or seed salesperson who visits the farmers, to the hundreds of other product and service sales people that canvas neighborhoods.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.

Page generated in 0.03847 seconds with 7 queries