View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwood 1 View Post
Thanks for all of the advice and information so far. All very helpful. I first learned of Florida's foreclosure situation a couple of years ago when I read an article about the market in Cape Coral. I read that the economy was not suffering as much as the housing market. The reason that I was considering Lake City is because my uncle lives there and I like the idea of having some property. I see that I can buy several acres with a house or mobile home for what I think is a reasonable price. My wife is into horses and I understand that there are horse facilities and such in the area. I don't have my heart set on Lake City, but I was looking at the surrounding area.

I know what you mean by being established and I imagine I would struggle for a while to try to establish myself, especially not knowing the native/local plants and how to properly care for them. It would be pretty tough to compete with a good company, while trying to learn the business and establishing relationships with locals and suppliers.

If I do end up moving south, I will be facing a challenge for sure, but it's nice to know that most of the guys on Lawnsite are so willing to help.

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming.

Since you're still considering where to live I would highly consider Ocala. You could get cheap housing with land. It is known for horses and you can easily pick up a lot of accounts there and towards Leesburg, Lady Lake, and The Villages. Those are prime retirement communities.

Page generated in 0.04064 seconds with 7 queries