View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
I don't get it. Most rigs I see in Wichita are that way, dumping grass on the trailer. Over here in Hutch, NO ONE does that. Everyone dumps in the truck, and most people have 1 ton dump trucks. I think it would suck tremendously to shovel off a trailer every single afternoon.
It does suck. I think why you see so many in Wichita is because so many are part-timers and installing a flat bed on a truck would, for many, take away their "daily driver". I wouldn't care driving the flat bed, but I guess some do. But even though you see so many like that around here the largest companies do not do it that way. Superior, Suburban, Complete all dump into their dump beds and Tree-Top probably the biggest LCO when including their nursery sales actually bag their clippings into plastic bags and load those into the beds of their trucks.

Quote:
question for you guys who seem to be collecting clippings on a daily basis with these walker mowers....do you collect because the customers require you to or for some other reason?
Guys running walker mowers collect on a daily basis because thats what walker mowers do. To see a walker mower with the back lid up mowing all day makes me wonder why they spent the extra $5,000 on a mower that is designed to collect if they're not even collecting. But most of the ops you see doing that do collect leaves during the fall.

Page generated in 0.04739 seconds with 7 queries