View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Calibrating and mixing help please!!

I'm reading my books and studying for my applicatrs test but these books now have me more confused than ever. Lol here's my senerio. I need to spray a product at 1.8 oz a thousand.my sprayer is 25 gal with 2 floodjet nozzles number 3 an grey spaced 40" apart and 16" off the ground. My affective spray pattern is 5 ft. In 200 ft it takes me 35 seconds( 4mph more r less) each nozzle puts out 44 oz in that time frame. Im confused now at this point. I think this puts me at 21gal an acre. That seems aweful high to me for spraying herbicides pre em and post ems?? Should i b ok or replace my nozzles with smaller ones to get me in the range of say 13 gal an acre? Also could i not just speed up to get that number down lower? Now if I need 1.8oz of product per acre .how do I figure in how much to add to my 25 gal tank and how much area my tank will cover? Also say I add two chemicals , do I still use the suggested rate on the label for both of them or do I have to cut it back to a less rate? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 7 queries