Thread: winter temps
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
I have said this before and will say again. You guys need to be charging more if you are going weekly anytime before may 1 or if you start cutting weekly before that time. I only show up weekly in off season if they pay for it, and I only cut weekly if before may 1 if they pay for it. Most of my yards already need weekly, so I sent out an email letting them know it is extra. If you started weekly in march your giving away 4 cuts or showing up 4 extra times and/or giving 4 extra cuts too....
Posted via Mobile Device
I have priced it in down here. I just figured that the soil temps tend to get to that almost right range ( about 80 degrees) for our warm season turfs in March almost every and things start growing. A lot of accounts actually start needing weekly mowing especially after the urea cowboys get them going. If they don't they don't they don't but most likely there is something on the property that we can get a head start on before the heat arrives or something we neglected a little too much in the winter that needs touched up now
. Throw a few door hangers out here and there, pick up a few extra thousand a year because you are out and about and able to be seen by those looking. This is the time of year I think most lawn turds get replaced. The customer has just sent his check in for the March Services, looks out at his lawn, sees a combination of the grass growing faster, winter weeds that have been established as well as possibly a few spring weeds popping up that have not been cut.......IN HIS mind after paying you all winter for not mowing the grass but a few times he is pissed. He looks out his window and see's another LCO servicing his neighbors property and gets a quote and pisses and moans in the LCO's ear about everything you ever did wrong and then tells the other LCO to start and gives you a call to let you know that your services are no longer needed.

Chalk one up for the lawn turd with a fire in his belly for money ....mark down a loss for the lawn professional that fails to change his schedule to fit the current demands of the turf.

The way I figure it is a rough number of cuts per year. Some months you can go once a month during the winter, others you can't, as long as the property owner looks outside and it looks good. You win....if they do not like what they see.....you lose!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.04052 seconds with 7 queries