View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I did not see the pricing on the gas truck, but it is probably an ex Fed. Government vehicle.. Either Dept of Agriculture, or Forestry service. That is their standard color of green, and not a common color sold to the general public. It is also a standard. Those std. trans/clutch setups are VERY expensive to repair if it should need a clutch. In fact, the clutch alone, can cost as much as replacing an automatic trans. in one of those.
Why do you need a 1 ton? Stick with a 3/4 ton to get a little better mileage and pricing.
Be aware that ford has not offered a good trpublefree diesel since they quit offering the 7.3 Powerstroke. That diesel model is problematic and a hard sell to prople who know diesels well. Resell price will not be good with that diesel in it.
The V10 is a great engine and it is too bad you can no longer get them in the 3/4 or 1 ton Fords. The pulling power is awsome and fuel mileage is not great, but no terrible if you are carefull how you drive.
I happen to have a 2010, F250 pickup for sale in the "for sale" section of this forum. It has the V10 and an auto. trans with a towing package. Check it out. Almost like new at less than half the price of new.
come have a look at mine. I am in Denton Tx, right on I35, not far from you at all.

Page generated in 0.03338 seconds with 7 queries