View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT25 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I figured that I would have to get one for each city. This will stink. I guess I will have to focus my marketing to small areas. I want to go door to door, and maybe door hangers or flyers. there are many new subdivisions around the i want to focus on. Any one have tips on area focused marketing. Also, anyone have a 32"-36" walkbehing they want to get rid of, I've been looking but havent had any luck.
It does cost a little extra for your business licenses in different cities, but its like having insurance just part of doing business...there's plenty of work without alot of windshield time or at least that's the case here in huntsville if your market your business right and keep your word with your customers. all the ideas you have for marketing are great and i have tried them myself. However, for me, the best marketing strategy has been placing my signs in the yards of my customers. After i cut someone's yard, i offer them $10 off the cut if they will let me put a sign in their yard until i return the following week. This has worked great due to neighbors asking the homeowners about my business in which they recommened me. One subdivision I started with only having 1 yard around a year ago and now i'm currently cutting 9 yards there just by using this marketing strategy and of course keeping my word with customers. That's just my .02....(by the way, the signs i put out are smaller yet noticable ones...homeowners don't like the big signs that look like billboards which make their place look tacky....just a thought when it comes time to make your signs)

2009 GMC Sierra Z71
Exmark Lazer Z 60"
Toro Z Master 52"
Exmark Vantage 48"
Stihl FS-90 Trimmers
Stihl BR600 Blowers
Stihl FC90 Edgers
2 Open Trailers

Page generated in 0.03421 seconds with 7 queries