View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Ditto. Spent many hours troubleshooting these controllers, most of the time end up replacing the face plate or the whole controller. One thing I have found is the program A start time reset to 12 & 3 happens most consistently with a power outage, be it a full power out or opening the face plate, when there is no functioning battery in place. Now don't ask me why this happens given the program is supposed to be in static memory, but these programming problems seem to occur mostly with program A (resetting or just not working). Also had my share of problematic weather stations.

I have one right now the weather station (wired commercial grade) is no longer being seen by the controller. Haven't tried to troubleshoot it yet.
With all the bells and whistles they packed into the SL I never understood why there was either no battery-recharging circuit like the old ESP's or a lithium battery for the backup. Stupid to count on an HO to replace an alkaline battery twice a year. Also think the shut- down- when- opening- face plate thing is dumb.

The loss of comms with the weather station was the #1 problem with the WS - never had any problems with the SL using a Mini-Clik.

Page generated in 0.04081 seconds with 7 queries