View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkeguy View Post
I did the same as Tyler and put two metal braces on the support over the angle iron that will support the motor of the string trimmer. The rear support has a metal brace on it also and bolts through the fender well. It seems very sturdy and I hope if works well.

The model of the rack is XA102.
it looks good. but look back where mine broke.you both did not do any thing to prevent the rack from failing right above bracket. im sure what you guys bolted on wont come off but there is not much supporting the tube. im not all the way done but here is what i got done so far. what do you guys think. not only did i put the extra braces on, i also put inside the tube a welded a peice of steal rebarb. so if it ever cracks or breaks again it cant fall off trailer and cost me a bunch of trimmers.im not done yet. the weather has been so nice i have been out aerating. i will put up more pics when done 100%.you might notice i got on one 3 place rack along with one 2 place rack. the 3 place rack is the one that failed. i put rebarb inside and welded it back together. i still have one two place rack still in box. ill put it on a different trailer later.

Page generated in 0.04317 seconds with 7 queries