Thread: Ryan Sod Cutter
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
I have seen three of these systems installed in Desoto and Charlotte countys in the landscape beds with new landscapes, by different contractors, the pipe is brown not sure of the manufacturer. In all three instances the system totally failed due to blockage from hard water. Since the pipe was just under the mulch I was able to track it and use it like poly pipe and install microjets, even these will sometimes clog with minerals but are easily replaced.
Zturn

There are a lot of the Brown drip pipes installed in landscape beds than you might realize. They are a no brainer install that means rolling a pipe out and covering it with mulch. I installed one system when I first learned about them and it failed. TRW sells more drip systems than Coastal Pump but I liked the Orbit drip nozzles and bought them off the Internet because each nozzle can be adjusted individually.

One of the big problem with drip line in turf are the ROOTS. There are more plants per sq inch so more roots to clog the drip holes.

It might be interesting to tell about your friend Johnny George's TEEPEES for citrus trees. These are Plastic boots that fit around the base of a citrus tree and look like a tee Pee. The micro jet nozzle sprays under the tree and wind and sun can not effect the spray. These greatly reduce the amount of water needed without reducing crop production. While it is a very simple design it just might make Johnny a Millionaire. My point is there is always a better mouse trap but I don't think Drip line for turf is one of them.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 7 queries