View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Good God. Wouldn't it be sensible for Extreme to extend the post length about a foot so the rack fit's like TrimmerTrap racks do? Jeeze, this is stupid. Bolting the racks to the top of a flimsy rail is a stupid way to do it anyway. FAIL.

The way these racks secure the trimmers is the absolute best way to do it. But the rest of this rack is a poorly engineered piece of junk. You have to buy supports to keep the racks from snapping the power heads off and then completely re engineer the rack mounting system to keep the racks from snapping off of the trailer and destroying the trimmers.
if you look at first two pics from outside trailer you will see they are all mounted to 3'' square tubing. not just the flimsy rail. if i get any wobble i would be surprised. i was going to use the brackets for inclosed install but when i tried the rack stuck out the side of the trailer more then i liked. i do think i foot more material and a thicker gauge square tube would be a good idea. i also think the engine supports should just be included with every rack.

Page generated in 0.03838 seconds with 7 queries