Thread: Holganix
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
No one has ever been willing to talk about microbe habitat at any level, even when they are trying to sell microbes..

Axe, blanket statements such as that one are not accurate or helpful. Maybe some people don't talk about how important microbial habitat is, but not those who know what the are talking about. There is an abundance of people working with soil inoculates who explain that adding good soil microbiology is part of a systems approach which includes inputs of organic matter, reducing the use of products with negative effects on beneficial microbes, and good cultural practices.
So what are the good cultural practices that create the correct habitat for these soil innoculants?
For exa...
The more water, the better? Why or Why not?...

See, I have to know that what is going on in my soils, is going to be the best habitat I can provide for the beneficial microherd...
Some kind of bugs(good or bad) are going to be there and thriving, regardless of the habitat... I would like to know which habitat is going to be the one I want... soil innoculants will just die, in an improper habitat...

That's not a broad, generalized, incorrect, hyperbolic statement... it is the result of never having the nuts and bolts of soil habitats ever discussed in this forum...

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 7 queries