View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

West Georgia Start Up

My brother and I are looking to start up a part time lawn care business in West Georgia. We have the cash to buy all new equipment except for a mower. We currently have no accounts and are having some business cards and flyers made up at the moment. I have tons of questions and don't want to go into this blindly. We both have good full time jobs and are just looking to get maybe 10-20 accounts to service after 5 on weekdays and on the weekends. We have been considering buying a new exmark mower from a local dealer since we have excellent credit and they are offereing 0% financing for 24 months, but feel that would be too much of a risk given we are a start up. So we have decided to borrow a craftsmen riding mower for now. What suggestions would you guys have about buying a mower for a first year start up? Of course we would like to get some steady work then upgrade, but to what? We plan on targeting residential neighborhoods with no more than 1/2 acre lots. Also, what forumla can be used to bid jobs? We want to stick strictly to mowing, trimming, edging, and blowing. Maybe occasional hedge trimming or tree removal (my uncle runs a firewood business and bids tree removal jobs from time to time, so he would come into the picture here). Also, does anyone know about what time of year customers begin to need lawn services in my area? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Page generated in 0.03761 seconds with 7 queries