Thread: Buying accounts
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Fl

Great site that should set a lot of people straight. It pretty much doesn't matter what state or area the Business is for sale in. Prices are running 80 to 125 % of gross sales or 150 to 300% of Net Income. Add in Owner Financing and their risk factor and you will being paying a lot more. Banks won't jump on Business purcahses unless they have Hard Collateral like Real Estate.

I sold my Business to my Employees and Financed it. However they couldn't buy the Pest Control, so I sold it separate. After a Failed go round with TG/CL who buys income all the time. I sold to 3 different smaller companies getting 100% on a years Gross up front. TG/CL wanted a huge hold back for lost accounts. That was a last minute offer at the lawyers office for a closing that didn't happen. BTW I did have to sign a No Compete for 1 year. Florida courts only honors Non compete for one year. I waited two years before going back in business and never approached my former customers.

it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

My People Skills are Fine. It is my Idiot Tolerance Skills That needs Work.

Page generated in 0.04354 seconds with 7 queries