View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Everybody!

Hi All,

I didn't see an actual introduction thread, so I thought this was the next best place to post...

My name is Michael. I just started a landscape maintenance business and joined this forum in hopes of learning all I can.

My dad was in the industry for 18 years, and as a child I was able to acquire a lot of experience (not all by choice either ) and knowledge about the industry. He actually purchased Sean's E-book a few months ago thinking he would get back into the industry, but changed his mind, so he handed the book down to me. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SEAN'S BOOK!!!!! I'm not a sales person for him, but obviously as most of you already know, he is probably the most knowledgeable person in this industry.

Anyway, again, I just started; I haven't yet gotten any clients, mostly because I am waiting for all of my advertisement materials to get here in a few days. I've already started to contact some commercial clients that I feel I can handle (simple, fairly low maintenance properties for now) so I can get a list for letters to go out first thing next week when I get my business cards.

I am starting out with decent equipment, but its all miniscule compared to what you all have on here!

I have the following for now:

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 4.7L V8
Open 4x8 trailer (yes I know its small)
Snapper walk behind
Echo hand held blower
Will have a Kawasaki string trimmer
Stihl hand held hedge trimmer
Poulan 16" Chain Saw just in case
Cheap "weed eater" blower-backup
Cheap "weed eater" weed eater -back up
Bunch of hand tools

So yeah... that's about it I guess. I will be getting an older Snapper Hi-Vac as my primary mower for now. The Snapper I have now is a nice unit, but its a newer (bought it about a year and a half ago) non-commercial unit. As I get bigger I will obviously get a commercial rider.. Of course even then, it will be a lower end commercial unit for my first rider; but thats ok, because it will become a backup for when I can afford even better equip.

Alright, I guess I'm done wasting your time. Thanks for reading my introduction!

-Michael

Page generated in 0.03705 seconds with 7 queries