View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Gardens Landscaping View Post
That's be like trying to put out a fire by pissing on it
Only time enforcement is ever done at the state level is after a disaster such as the Gas explosion in San Bruno, though will share an experience I had in the valley at my own house.

I always had done maintenance work in this area since I was working with my dad in his business. Most of the damaged properties occurred down wind from the actual explosion sight

Anyway, the state (dept of insurance) investigators worked the fire area for a month after the explosion. They did nail 5 guys for not having workmen comp and having illegal employees. It did open up a lot of work but was also a p.i.a. since the state enforcement had no system in place to verify that a company had been checked.(maybe a sticker or some other marker would of been good) I estimate each contact with an investigator cost me 30 minutes of labor cost because they were running my contractor, wc and id's of me and guys.

Why I mentioned this, well the investigators were based out of Morgan Hill. Morgan Hill to San Bruno, good 70 mile drive. By the time they drove up from there, they only were able to do maybe 3 hrs worth of enforcement work. And you see they did bust a lot of companies in my area various trades, but the point i'm making is were is the efficiency if there are 4 enforcement officers for 1000 sq miles of high density population?

Like it was said......pissing into the wind.

Page generated in 0.03584 seconds with 7 queries