View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mickhippy

In My case Pest Control in Florida is very Competitive marketing. The Big Boys can afford to spend Millions. I have gotten to the first page google but can't stay there without continued pumping Google. Then I will bounce between first and forth page. First page does make a big difference in the number of Tire Kickers that call.

Im no where near a SEO guru and I really dont know all the answers. If anyone wants to chime in on what Ive written below, please correct me if Im wrong. Im still learning too!

This may not all be relevant to you Ric but anyway..........

If you can get a Google Places in a centrally located area, that helps. Attach that to your website and do some Add Words. Dont need to spend heaps (more is better though), keep the keywords specific.

Do an adwords campaign (separately) for say pest control your suburb, gardening your suburb, landscaping your suburb, mowing a different suburb etc. Could do say Pest Control Your suburb, Pest Control suburb to the left, PC sub to right etc etc. Basically, when someone searchs a suburb anywhere near you, you should come up.
I believe these are done under the same campaign but separate adds if that makes sense. I was recently told this by a Google guy.
I think one payment covers all in the same campaign but would need to research it. Get as much relevant info into the add.
Im not a fan of adwords as I dont even see them on my PC, they're blocked! But Im hoping they help in the bigger picture of finding your/my site in search. I dont think Ive had a single call from an adwords add!

Look into google analytics etc. Google has a Keyword tool but again, dont go crazy with them. Dont stack or hide them (under a pic for example) on your site, keep them buried in the info and highlight a few like "mowing, gardening in your suburb"

Pics need to be named like, "mowing in your suburb" before uploading onto the site. This is something I still need to do in the photo gallery but the ones Ive uploaded into the blog have names like lawn mowing gilston. When someone searchs lawn mowing gilston a few pages in my photos come up. Do image search for lawn mowing gilston and a heap of photos come up.

The thing thats worked best for me is Blogging. Google loves new, relevant content. Doesnt need to be long stories but searchable headings and regular updates. Im still working on this myself, trying to figure out the best way to word and what content. Have a look at http://gclmow.com/lawn-care-tips As you can see Im not the best writer or anything, you may not agree with what Ive blogged but just having searchable stuff in there is helping. Most importantly, it doesn't cost anything but it works!

When I search my city ie lawn mowing Gold Coast, my old site is on page 2 while the new site is page 3. Im really trying to work on getting it up there more. All the free ad sites fill up the first page except for a few companies. Its hard but is why you need to be listed in those free sites.

I have been focusing on being found in the suburbs I want to work.
Try searching (cut n past these, might have to add Australia, sign out of gmail etc)...
lawn mowing currumbin valley
lawn mowing tallebudgera valley
lawn mowing tallai
lawn mowing bonogin
lawn mowing gilston

My old .com.au site comes up but its mainly the blog part of my new site that comes up. Sometimes several times on the first page.

Like I said, I AM NOT a guru at all this and still trying to figure it out. Tips are welcome!

Youtube Channel... http://tinyurl.com/l9a3843

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 7 queries