View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Member

SRL28...

I think you misunderstood. During my first conversation with this client he clearly said that he doesn't mind paying 80 for the trees each...but of course i told him that i would mark them up to atleast 100 each.. he actually said he wanted trees in that price range. i also told him i would charge for fuel and labor and quoted him 275 on the second call after i located the materials and he agreed. This guy was an older man who works second shift in a factory..10 hours shifts. he got off work at three in the morning. i had the job finished about 10 this morning, he woke up, barely looked over the job i was half way finished with..he said you want 275 right? i looked at him smiling and said i was thinking 280, just for good humor...which actually worked out because he laughed and said thats what i have anyways..14 20 dollar bills...he then proceeded to pay and go back in his house to catch some sleep bc he had to be at work at 4:30 pm today, i asked him if he needed any mowing or anything...he said he mostly does it himself unless he is too tired or busy with his job...i quoted him for a mowing price anyways and offered the service and told him to give my number to anyone he knows with a similiar size yard for the price i gave him which was 30 per cut. he said he may want some more trees in his backyard soon that he would probably call me .... i said fine and thanks, have a nice day..then he left...all in all it was nice...my first landscaping job...i learned alot from it also despite the fact of the simplicity of the job..i just wanted to clarify that...SRL28 thanks

Page generated in 0.04981 seconds with 8 queries