View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterlawn View Post
Do you think we believe you netted $80,000 as a manager at a local car wash? Sorry, but that's hard to swallow. What does a manager do, and how much would the owner make? Also I to think the bigger companies lowballing are a big problem, they think nothing of bidding large properties at rock bottom prices. But just in general, grass cutting has gone down hill fast, almost over a cliff.
really don't care if you believe me or not. this local car wash has 40 locations spread out between IN and OH.

6 of them are in my city. as a manager you hire, fire and schedule employees. open or close the place down. do repairs and maintenance on the equipment as needed. deposit the money. keep the detergents filled. deal with customer complaints. train new employees. and from time to time work with the employees washing cars.

but yeah I don't really care what you believe. the point was I'm making a lot less running my own business than I was working at the car wash. but I am way more happier because I'm doing work I love doing. and to me that much more important than money.

I'd rather live below my means doing something I love than work somewhere that is just okay or sucks making a ton of money. money is not an incentive of any kind for me.

Page generated in 0.03633 seconds with 7 queries