View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Need to fix a hill what tiller should I buy? 45 degree hill approx 12'x60'

I am looking for advice on a rototiller for a newbie that has a hill.

I replanted my entire lawn last year and the results were great! I did not use a tiller but rather a metal rake.. about 4 of them cause they kept breaking but through blisters sweat and tears we got the job done. At the time I did not know that there were these fancy machines available to me that could have made the process much much easier. We will get back to that in a moment.

One day I see a bunch of weeds on my front hill... In error I used a liberal amount of liquid weed killer on a 12'x60' section of hill I have and killed most of the grass and weeds. So I left it that way and resigned to fix it in the spring.

This past week it has been in the 70-80s in New England so I bought a Sun Joe Tiller Joe 14 in. 6.5 Amp Electric Tiller/Cultivator" for 125 bones shipped. After 10 minutes of use the damn thing broke.. no rocks nothing just the plastic housing were the shaft and the tines are connected simply cracked. I spent more time putting the thing together than using it.. I would go as far to say that I am sure that this company is shipping out "refurbished" models under the guise that they are new. I mean the box appeared to be retaped.. the handles looked like they had wear on them even the metal bars looked slightly used. At least they are not trying to hide it lol.

So now I am looking for a roto tiller that could be used on a 12x60 hill that wont break so easily. Thanks for reading.

Page generated in 0.03929 seconds with 7 queries