Thread: email marketing
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Works for me!

I have almost all of my current and past customers subscribed to our e-list. I now have 60 subscribers and an average email open rate of 40%! Remember, the industry average open rate is 15%!

The key to email marketing is to make customers WANT to open it! If it is all about your business and nothing they would be interested in, your open rate will suffer. Therefore, I put DIY lawn care facts and other stuff that would engage the customer. My general rule, Half of the email is about my business and half is about something they would be interested in.

Ideas I have used in the past for my email newsletters:
  • DIY Lawn Care Tips
  • Lawn Care History
  • Fact or Crap - Lawn care myths revealed
  • Weed of the month
  • Lawn Pest of the month
  • Lawn Care Trivia
  • Featured blog post

In addition to the exclusive offers my subscribers receive, they automatically get coupons just for being a subscriber. It automatically sends a coupon on my customer's birthdays and they get a coupon for subscribing. One incentive to subscribe and another incentive to stay subscribed.

Now of course, I always try to upsell my services to my customers through my emails. Whether that is reminding them that we do lawn aeration or announce new services offered. We also keep our customers updated with business changes like billing and price changes. We make them "plugged in" to whats going on within our business. It shows that we like to communicate with our customers and keep them informed.

Plus it is MUCH cheaper than mailing letters! Each email only cost me 3 cents versus a stamp and envelope. I use a service called MailChimp to manage my email list. They have monthly plans or pay-as-you-go plans.

To see my March E-Newsletter, CLICK HERE!

It works! Just takes some trial and error!

Last edited by kirkmbrown2001; 03-25-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Accidently hit submit before I was finished typing

Page generated in 0.03621 seconds with 7 queries