View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
Over the last 30 years we have mulched all our leaves...you just need to have a mulch kit and run over them 3-4 times.

Personally, i'd rather ride around on a large mower than bag up and haul off leaves. You'll need a dust mask and goggles that keep dust out of your eyes.

Whatever works for you though...you'll need to do it many times before you'l know what to bid each time

.. most guys are going to tell you mulching won't work or it will look bad.....I'd recommend trying it a few times...I hate to haul off leaves and clippings (when you bag, you also collect dirt and also deprive the lawn of organic material that can help to keep weeds down, save on water and generally make the dirt more healthy).

What also works....Mulch around once and then take mulch plate off and push remaining leaves toward center (mow in a clockwise pattern, throwing the leaves inward) until you get leaves in a pile...the remaining leaves you can then bag...but there won't be as large a volume-
in florida, you aren't going to effectively mulch live or laurel oak leaves in st. augustine. The need to be blown out or use a lawn vac.

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 7 queries