Thread: Lawn in Florida
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
Ric, I guess you don't like to read....
Pensacola is 5 times cheaper than Argentine. Pensacola is 10 times easier to grow, and will grow in just about any soil condition compared to Argentine. It's all in its name. Argentine is nice but it's just way to expensive. Also, the Pensacola will self seed itself over time faster than Argentine. If you actually look at the grass itself it is just about identical. I have never seen these "clumps" you speak of. Yes, you will have to mow it more often. May I add we are further north than ric we get less rain and I'm sure his yard has Oaks all over it.
Unknown

Cheap Crap is still Crap. Just the 12 inch seed heads 3 days after mowing should be a deal killer. Are we talking Lawns or Pastures?

Mikey

Roundup is my preferred SELECTIVE herbicide for controlling Sand Spurs in Bahia turf. One more Time, Roundup is my favorite SELECTIVE herbicide in Bahia Turf. But then I have forgotten more about Roundup than most people know. Yes Roundup is a SELECTIVE herbicide.

For the unwashed masses, SELECTIVE herbicide on Bahia means it doesn't kill the Bahia if applied correctly.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04108 seconds with 7 queries