View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Thanks for the review and pics. Good looking machine.

Just curious what other mowers (brands, sizes) you are running or have run so we can get a base line as to what you're comparing the Pro Turn to.

Some questions I have are, how heavy or light did the deck lift feel? It looks like the seating may be higher than some which may be unavoidable to incorporate the air seat system. Or maybe it looks more like this due to being a 52"/smaller machine. I'm probably more use to looking at the 60" units and larger. Were you able to try it out on any hills or banks? Compared to Hustler SZs I've been running most recently, It looks like the engine is placed farther back in the frame. Another words, there is more sticking out from behind the back wheels. I wonder if it would feel lighter in the front end, or cause any issues with a bagger? Would you recommend opting for the full pneumatic tires to improve the ride even more? Any negatives? So far all I'm hearing is good.
I have been running Scags since 1995(all 52's) and have experience with the whole line up except the cheetah. Also ran a kubota f2000 when I was 18 for a season when I worked for a university mowing 400 acres.

The deck lift was very easy to operate in my opinion. I know the air seat has like 6 inches of travel and you can set it where ever you want. It didnt feel high when I was mowing. Of course I didnt get a chance to mow any hills. But I will give a whole review on hill side stabilityy because we have a lot in NH. The front end did feel a little light. Im ordering mine with a bagger and it comes with a weight kit. Ill update you on that as well. I dont think you would need pneumatic tires because the ride was amazing as is. No real negatives. I did ask questions about the three things that concerned me. The deck, the hydro-gear and the lack of grease fittings. All of which Gravely has had zero complaints with and doesnt anticipate any problems. They have tested all extensively.

Page generated in 0.04513 seconds with 7 queries