View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I liked this model too when I seen the first pictures of it a few months ago. I would like to know if they got the balance right on this one, giving it more downhill traction. The 260 I had, had no downhill traction at all, which is why I gave it back to Gravely, that and the deck did not mulch, or stripe as well as my other mowers. To bad too because the Gravely people are very professional and the mowers seem well built. How about those control arms in stead of deck chains...lets see where did I see those first ... oh yeah BB doesn't use chains either. lol Keep us updated with the traction compared to your Scag.
I was told that Gravely worked hard to lower the center of gravity greatly over the 200 series. The hydro gear is mounted lower and the deck control arms make a big difference from what they told me. I will update everyone on hillside stability and traction when I start mowing. They had no hills for me to mow. I know they do offer a mulching kit for the x-factor deck as well as a striping kit.

Page generated in 0.03388 seconds with 7 queries