View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
I understand where you are coming from. Normally, most of us will continue to service any and all accounts that are even marginally profitable. I'm just pointing out that a SOLO operator will eventually find himself in a position where he may need to trim some accounts. Some of us simply have no desire to take on the headaches involved with hiring employees. I've been there and done that when I owned retail businesses, and don't want to deal with it at this stage of my life.

I took over a couple of mowing accounts this spring from a local guy I know. His wife used to help him full time, but has taken a job for the health insurance, plus, they now have 3 children, and he decided he wanted to have more family time than his schedule afforded him.
only if you keep taking on more business when your already filled.

thats what I'm saying. once I'm full I'm full. I take on no more business than what I can comfortable handle in a standerd 5 day work week.

for me the option of either trimming some accounts or hiring help will never be. I stop accepting work before it gets to that point.

Page generated in 0.03631 seconds with 7 queries