View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOturkey View Post
I'm a bit surprised by some of the responses to this post. I think all solo operators, if they are successful, eventually find themselves in a position where something has to give. Age, changing family structure, health, the economy, are all factors that can, over time, change not only your need for accounts, but also your ability to maintain quality service for all your customers. Logic dictates that the first accounts to go should be the least profitable, and/or, most physically demanding. That is pretty much a no-brainer.

Just be honest. Tell them your business has grown to the point where you can no longer service all your properties and maintain the level of excellence you demand of yourself, so you must reluctantly drop some accounts from your schedule. Thank them profusely for their business and support, and, if you can, refer them to someone else.
That's good advice.

We are in a similar situation, we are going to be raising prices soon. We can handle the work if they can handle the price increase.

I hope we don't lose anyone, especially those that have been with us for a long time.

Bottom line is the bottom line.

We are in this business to make a profit!! Yes I enjoy what I do but we still must be profitable.

Most people will understand price of everything has gone up, not just fuel. The ones that don't understand or can't afford the increase, sorry but business is business.

Page generated in 0.04254 seconds with 7 queries